🌱 Everett Turnpike + Sky Drops Easter Eggs + Village Inn on Easter Day
Hello Bedford! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening around Bedford today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Early cloudy sky. A few showers developing later in the day. High: 59. Low: 40.
Congratulations to our main local sponsors:
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years with small business consulting and coaching services. Whether you run a family business, a medical or legal practice, or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more.
- Looking to buy or sell a home in or near Bedford? George Pervanas of Coldwell Banker Realty has served southern New Hampshire for over 20 years with honesty and integrity. Email George at George.Pervanas@nemoves.com or call him directly at 603-620-2249 for all your real estate needs.
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a large selection of high-quality pet food and supplies, a full-service grooming salon, self-service pet wash, pet boarding and even a dog bakery!?! Pet Friendly on Colby Ct. is a local, family-run business – and their passion is your pets. Meet up with your four-legged friend today or learn more here.
Click here to feature your business in this spot.
Here are the top stories in Bedford today:
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock postponed a hearing for their planned medical center in Bedford. Dartmouth-Hitchcock asked for the delay after Bedford voters overwhelmingly approved zoning changes last month that limits the size of large medical centers two-story and 20,000 square feet in the the city performance area, in the area where Whole Foods Market is located. Petition supporters say that under the new zoning amendment owners can request exemptions, which probably means the nonprofit medical provider would have to pay all the taxes. (Subscription required: The Union Leader)
- Soutbound commuters to Nashua or Massachusetts prepare for the Everett Turnpike expansion project. Wednesday, The Executive Council unanimously approved a multi-year, $20 million project to widen the FE Everett Turnpike between Bedford and Nashua this will likely cause construction delays until the summer of 2024, when work is expected to be complete. The Everett Turnpike widening is coming. (Concord Monitor)
- Less than two weeks from Easter, you can find old fashioned the in Londonderryor 1 . Restaurants in New Hampshire, including ours Bedford Village Innbe used for special Easter meals. If you are looking for takeout, several restaurants offer special Easter takeout services. (wokq.com)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is acclaimed by consumer electronics experts?
To learn more about Ring Alarm Pro, the system CNET has called “the future of home security,” or to build your own custom system, visit Ring here.
Today in Bedford:
- Creations in sea glass. (6:30 p.m.)
- Love, Sex and the IRS by Majestic Theater from April 8-10. (7 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Bedford: Rabbits, guinea pigs, pets available for adoption: At local shelters (Bedford Patch)
- Two new open houses in the New Bedford area (Bedford crest)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Concerts and services:
Do you like the Bedford Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are now in the loop and ready to exit. See you tomorrow morning for another update!
— Paula Constance
About me: I am a freelance writer, author and media producer. I am engaged in media projects that empower, engage and help make the world a better place.