🌱 Sachem Daily: Easter Sunday events + weekly weather report
Happy Sunday neighbours! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Cooler; afternoon windy High: 51 Low: 37.
Here are the top 3 stories in Sachem today:
- Find out what’s happening in Suffolk County this Easter. We wish you all a very happy Passover and Easter and want to keep you up to date with everything happening on Sunday. You can click on the link for all the events taking place throughout Suffolk County. From Easter egg hunts to brunch, there’s something for the whole family. (LI Events)
- Cold front early next week. As we look to next week, Monday and Tuesday are starting cold with temperatures only in the low 50s with some rain on Tuesday. The rest of the week is shaping up to be spectacular, with temperatures in the 50s and 60s. Our pick of the week is Friday, with sunny skies and highs near 65 degrees. (Weather.com)
- Patch readers talk about what annoys them in their neighborhood. We asked you, readers, what bothers you about your neighborhoods. Many of you have answered and you can consult the answers in the link! Our favorite answer was “be kind and a is very important,” one user wrote. “Sometimes seeing overgrown grass or whatever on your neighbor means they might need some help.. I wish more people would go check it out and offer to help these neighbors instead of judging, letting these issues drive you crazy or gossiping about them.” (Patch)
Today in Sachem:
- Easter Brunch on the Water – Anthony’s Live. (09:00)
From my notebook:
- Sachem Library: Reminder: The library offers a Minecraft Design Challenge for teens. You can enter for a chance to win prizes and see the instructions in the link! (Facebook)
- Sachem Library: For tips on updating your resume or creating a new resume, Brainfuse is hosting a Resume Reboot Workshop with Certified Resume Expert Ashley Watkins. The event will take place on April 21 at 5 p.m. You only need your library card to register! (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Sachem Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
- Send me a topical tip or suggestion at Sachem@patch.com
You are now in the loop and ready to start this Sunday on the right foot. See you tomorrow for another update!
— Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! My name is Andrew and I have been a resident of Huntington for 7 years. I’ve lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, travel, stand-up paddleboarding and of course going to restaurants and events in Huntington!