Officials at St. Philip’s Episcopal Church, 706 S. Byers Ave. in Joplin announced certain events leading up to Easter Sunday.
• Holy Days of Lent“Be Thou My Vision” — the Lenten program and meal will take place every Wednesday of Lent, between March 9 and April 6, after the 6 p.m. Mass.
• The Stations of the Cross takes place at 12:15 p.m. every Friday from March 11 to April 8.
• St. Patrick’s Vigil will take place on Wednesday, March 16 at 6 p.m.
• Feast of St. Joseph will take place at 6 p.m. on Saturday, March 19.
• Feast of the Annunciation will take place at 6 p.m. on Friday, March 25; Holy Eucharist and child-friendly service.
• Reconciliation service will take place inside the Chapelle Saint-Jacques at 6 p.m. on Saturday, April 2.
During Holy Week, the following events will take place at the church:
• Maundy will take place at 6 p.m. on Thursday, April 14 and will include the Holy Eucharist, the washing of the feet, the stripping of the altar and the start of the vigil.
• Liturgy of Good Fridaywith Communion, will take place at 12.15 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Good Friday April 15.
• At 19 ‘o clock on Holy Saturday, April 16, the great Easter Vigil will take place, including the service of light, the service of lessons and the renewal of baptismal vows.
• At 10 o’clock On Easter Sunday April 17, the Rite of the Holy Eucharist II will be read and will include the Flowering of the Cross, the Easter Egg Hunt and a covered platter lunch.