Tesco shoppers slam ‘disgusting’ and ‘gone’ chocolate eggs on Easter Sunday
TESCO shoppers have complained about opening ‘disgusting’ and ‘gone’ Easter eggs today.
Customers found that some of the chocolate was outdated when they went to enjoy their Easter Sunday treats this morning.
A consumer today posted a photo of a Bounty Easter egg, saying it was ‘discolored and gross’.
Another wrote: “Thank you Tesco for the outdated chocolate Easter egg hunt box!
“Each one of those disgusting eggs was so bad.”
They shared a photo of the offending item alongside their Twitter post, which showed the chocolate was discolored.
A third buyer said his Thorntons Easter egg, bought from Tesco, was a “fun colour”.
Tesco said it would refund customers who received missed Easter eggs this year.
“We ensure that our Easter eggs are sold in the best possible conditions,” said a spokesperson for the grocer.
“In the rare event that a customer is unhappy with the quality of their egg, we are happy to arrange a replacement or refund if the customer returns the item to the store.”
A spokesperson for Thorntons told The Sun that its customer service team would be in touch with the affected buyer.
“At Thorntons, we pride ourselves on the quality and freshness of all our products,” they said.
The Sun has contacted Mars, owner of Bounty, for comment.
Chocolate fans were also disappointed yesterday after buying cracked and melted Easter eggs at Tesco and Sainsbury’s.
Customers have taken to social media to share photos of their disappointing Easter treats.
A frustrated shopper said: ‘Still so disappointed to find my easter egg purchased from my local Tesco Express store in this condition when I opened it!’
She posted a photo of her chocolate egg, which had melted on itself.
A Sainsbury’s customer posted a picture on Twitter of the crushed and taped packaging.
He said: ‘When you order an Easter egg from Sainsbury’s and it’s beaten and taped.
While another shopper tweeted at the supermarket: ‘How can I contact you to arrange reimbursement for a delivered moldy melon and smashed Easter egg?’
Shoppers have been warned not to eat certain Kinder products over Easter due to the risk of salmonella.
More than 70 children in the UK have fallen ill with food poisoning in an outbreak linked to chocolates.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun Online Money team?